This week was my LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL for this term! So, we didn’t do much for the last three days. As the World War 2 showcase day was last Friday, our themed learning topic was finished & we didn’t start the new one this week, mandarin finished on Thursday as well as literacy so on Friday we spent the whole day playing on people’s iPads, as for only one day, gadgets were allowed at school. I also help Mr Shrewsbury with some interior design – we rearranged the classroom for next term. I also took home my school report on Thursday, I was given very good grades and Mum is very proud! I got mostly A’s with three B’s.
– Our Christmas presents from our landlady arrived (the letter we received with it, is in the category “chinglish”) – 2 boxes of apples & 2 tea “pies”
– Good school report
– Lazy week at school
– The last week of school (I have to tell you again)
– Found out that I’m doing all the ECAs (Extra Curricular Activities) I wanted to do next term – they are “Short Tennis” (you don’t have to be short), Production Support and U11 Rugby
– Bought some BISCUITS! (M&S chocolate digestives, which are huge & are totally covered in chocolate)
– Went to a new PIZZA restaurant called D.O.C. – but arrived very late, after stocking up on all our medicines/injections before our holiday – so I was tired, but I think the pizza is in my top 5 in Shanghai
– Watched the film “Hunger Games” because we want to watch the new one which is just out. The whole family liked this film which we rate 4 stars.
– We are going to have a dinner party tonight, which includes ROAST BEEF, YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS, ROAST POTATOES and PARSNIPS (YUM!)
Here is a picture of one of Dad’s experimental Christmas cocktails:
Letter from our landlord:
We were researching possible names for Dad’s new cocktail (the final version is now green and red with silver shimmer, not orange) and we were looking at flags that are red and green. There are only 3 countries with flags that are only red and green! They are:
Transnistria (This one has a teeny bit of yellow – a hammer & a sickle & a star)
Unfortunately Dad decided to name it after the punchline to this joke:
– What’s green and turns red at the touch of a button?
– Answer* below (but not for the squeamish)
That’s all for this week!
*Kermit in a liquidiser!