November 11th, 2012
This week, Mum was in America so we were very sad, but we still had some fun, so were not in a total pool of misery and Dad got almost all of his job list done. My first film “5 must sees in New York” was too big for youtube, so I will try to post a clip when I have more time. The first copies are however available on DVD, available on request.
– A parcel with Boy & Going Solo by Roald Dahl in it arrived in the post (thanks Granny)
– Mum is banned from travelling for the rest of the year, as it is too expensive – hoorah!
– Dad found a man to make a metal cradle for all of our filing – it is brilliant!
– I really enjoyed doing my humanities homework, which was to design our own transport for the future – I designed a public personal pod system
Nightmare of the week:
Dad had a nightmare with his house keys this week.
– First of all, on Monday he was in a rush to take me to the bus, so he forgot to take his keys outside & closed the front door after him with his keys inside. He had to borrow a ladder from the lady in the hardware shop & climb over the wall into our garden & then levered open the back doors. This results in some questions about our security, as even though we have broken glass cemented on top of the wall around our house, it is not difficult to climb over with a ladder & then there is the back door, which can be opened with a screwdriver. We do however have a security camera in our lane, so I don’t think we should worry & perhaps we should turn on our alarm.
– On Wednesday, after Dad had picked me up from school, & we had arrived home, he could not find his keys. He called Zhou (our driver) to come back, as he thought that he must have left the keys in the car, but then he found them in his bag!
– Today when we were out on our bikes, I heard the sound of something falling on the ground and I saw Dad’s keys on the pavement! I picked them up for him.
Words of the week (in Chinese, of course):
Bà ba – Father or Dad
Mā ma – Mother or Mum
The last weeks results are as followed:
Have you ever made your own drink in a restaurant?
Thanks for reading the blog – & if you have time please post a comment or send me an email, so I know that I have some happy readers!
P.S. Happy Anniversary to Granny & Grandpa Devon for 23 years (& also 23 years since The Manchuria Road Viz party)