November 4, 2012
This week was the coldest we have ever had in Shanghai; I suddenly went from wearing a t-shirt to wearing a long sleeved top and a fleece!
Last Sunday we went trick or treating with friends at Chateau Pinnacle (a compound near us). I went as Harry Potter. There were lots of children & adults dressed up, lots of sweets & games. At school it was book week last week, featuring Roald Dahl, & on Friday I went to school as George from “George’s Marvellous Medicine” with a big spoon & bottle. We carved a pumpkin for Halloween, but there were no trick or treating in our lane.
Yesterday in our lane it was “drain scooping” day – which was gross.
So we went walking about, & once again, we have some sights to share.
Where did you get that hat?
Where’s the taxi driver? – Is it something I said?
– trick or treat?
– pumpkin carving & photo
– Dad got pegs up on the wall with no more leaks
– Lost Heaven – the best roast chicken in the world – ancient trail crispy chicken (the best chicken in the world is still Chicken Rice Professor in Tokyo)
– Funky Chicken – rotisserie chicken (Curtley would luuurve this!)
– Going on my bike and getting some lights for my bike
– Bought 6 music CDs for RMB 50
– bought the films Brave (brilliant – saw it last night) AND Arthur Xmas (can’t wait to watch that one)
– my first film (5 must sees in NYC) is available to watch on you-tube! This is the 10th post surprise. You can see it here
Nightmare of the week
– A horrid man at Pizza Marzano wanted a martini & when the waitress didn’t know how to make one, he went to the bar & made his own
Last weeks results-
This weeks poll-
Word(s) of the week (in Chinese, of course):
(When) Shénme shíhou (shun-muh shr-hoh)