October 14, 2012
This week Mum was away in the US (Again!) & Dad was tired (and grumpy) all week, so we had a bit of a zombie week. I was up all night on Sunday night and had trouble staying asleep on Monday night – I was a real zombie on Tuesday!-but Wednesday night was much better. Dad feels as bad as this orchid looks today!
Here’s a picture of me in my brand new wushu outfit! (see “Wushu Week” for details on wushu).
Very yellow and very shiny!
I gave Mr Grimwood my letter on Thursday (I will tell you about this next week with either good or bad results).
Yesterday, we stayed at home for most of the day chilling out and doing homework before popping out for a walk to Starbucks and to the shops. I expect you’ll think that counts as being lazy lumps of lard!
– I was given my Wushu outfit this week
– We had Sherpa’s delivery food service four times this week! (Dad is going to forget how to cook soon & become virtually redundant)
– We found a Thai green curry paste in an imported goods shop! (This is a vital ingredient for one of Dad’s speciality dishes – Thai green chicken curry)
– I had my first ride home on the bus from school with Smiley! – so far I have only been to school on the bus with Smiley!
Words of the week (in Chinese, of course):
– Zaí jian (shi tien) means goodbye
– Hen means very (Hen hao is very good)
Fun fact/Quick fact: A Cardon cactus – being the tallest cactus in the world – can store up to 1 ton of water! (I learnt this while researching for my homework). These plants do not grow in Shanghai.
Translation: Automatic Tap
Sorry, but no poll this week.
I am opening two contests to improve comment flow.
1) The person who writes the 100th approved comment will win the opportunity to either:
a) select the topic for the next fun fact, or
b) choose a poll question
2) Any comment that gets a 10/10 then the person can choose a new category for the blog!
Both contests are open now.
P.S. I have something special in mind for the bumper edition 10th post which is coming in a few weeks!